Sunday, December 26, 2010

Oh how sweet it is

 

While I was in Arkansas… my family revolves around meal times and when we eat one meal, we plan when we will eat the next. That is just how we roll.

My uncle Chad, who is a great chef, definitely covered the “sweet” portion of the trip. A couple years ago he made this pumpkin torte…and it was indescribably good. Well since then and every time I am in Arkansas I beg for him to make it.

well look at this baby…

pumpkin torte

 

And then…and then… and THEN… he made this the very next night.

That would be a 6 layer heath bar cake with a whipped mocha frosting.  holy bejeezus.

100_2544100_2545100_2546100_2547

 

You should have seen my eyes light up with, well, both of these lovely masterpieces. If you would like the recipes just leave me a comment or send an e-mail. I take no credit for any of these, I wish I could re-enact but I am too afraid to ruin it.

Uncle Chad, thank you for your above par baking skills and for helping me gain about 20 pounds.

2 comments:

  1. Lynlee! Can I please have the Heath Bar cake recipe? I am in love with Heath Bars! haha

    Ps- Hope you're doing great :)

    My email address is laura.beth.simpson@gmail.com if you don't mind sending it there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely! I will get it to you!

    ReplyDelete