Monday, December 13, 2010

blogging and baking

 

I know I have been absent from the blog for the past week or so. It was finals week…part of that means I blog more because I am distracting myself from studying..but then reality is I needed to focus on finishing out the semester strong and that did not include blogging. But the great news is… I’m back!!

I am now home for Christmas break and have an entire month with no assignments or readings (except for pleasure). My goal besides hanging with all of my friends and family members is to bake and blog… A LOT. That sounds like the perfect break to me. Thus far I have played with a couple of cupcake recipes.

100_2469

The first is a mocha espresso cupcake, the recipe came from the pioneer woman’s tasty kitchen blog. I think I messed up with the espresso powder – that there is a difference between powder and ground espresso? – but either way…they still tasted quite yummy and a must try by any coffee lover.

100_2470

The next is “peppermint”, but I also got this recipe from the tasty kitchen. This is technically a thin  mint recipe that I tried this summer…BUT, I left out a chocolate topping and dying the frosting green, and added a candy cane and VOILA…it’s a peppermint cupcake! These were also festive and tasty…I think tomorrow’s agenda might include chocolate chip cookie dough, just sayin.

1 comment:

  1. These look delicious! You should make an extra tab with recipes!

    ReplyDelete