Saturday, February 5, 2011

White Chocolate Raspberry

I have been feeling the need to bake something, anything. Over Christmas break I took full advantage of my time off and was baking non-stop. But once school begun and I ventured back to my college budget...well the baking has been nonexistent.

Until now... I decided to make a white chocolate cake with raspberry filling. It was a recipe I actually found on Kraft.com, it seemed to be fairly easy and so I figured why not.

Well anyone who bakes or has ever baked knows the pride that fills your heart when you flip the pan over after baking the cake and it comes out squeaky clean and a perfect layer. I love that feeling, but unfortunately it did not happen, whatsoever, today. Here is what my layers looked like (at this point I figured, maybe I should just mash it all and do who knows what with it...)

100_2685100_2689100_2690

not only was it quite “golden” but it just fell apart. But I had already made the frosting and just figured...well I will do a crumb coating and try and glue it all together which was followed by putting it into the refrigerator to enhance the molding together and then a final layer of frosting.

and...

VOILA!

the decorating...is not a thing to brag about. Every time I ice a cake I remember why I love cupcakes so much 1) I can pipe all frosting 2)they never stick to the pan.

Miraculously this thing turned out to be pretty tasty and actually molded together as a complete cake.

oops I forgot to add this into the slideshow...here you can see the inside (sorry, this was taken on my phone)

cake

3 comments:

  1. Wow, that cake looks better than any I've ever bought and that raspberry flavor is just what I like. I have a sweet treat linky party going on at my blog right now and I'd like to invite you to stop by and link your cake up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete