Friday, February 11, 2011

Snow, actually.

So yesterday I spoke quite pessimistically of the possibility of snow. I apologize because it actually did snow all of last evening and night. It wasn’t more than a couple inches but it accumulated, roads were still drive-able, and school was still in session.

I will say what I love about the Alabama “snow” is that it normally comes once or twice a year, gives a light dusting...just enough to make everything very pretty and then it melts. It doesn’t obstruct life for days or look anything like what some of you readers are experiencing.

Here are a few snap shots from my phone of the wintery weather...

snow

This is what I came across on my walk to class...very creative...

snow2

I even busted out the knock-off ugg-like boots that I have only used the two times I have been skiing out in Colorado. They are warm, comfy and were really cheap!

WP_000049WP_000050

Here was the view from our “front door” and the snow man that I also came across on my walk to class. I would like to call this the “college” snow man. It sort of looks like he got short or something...Roll Tide!

No comments:

Post a Comment