Thursday, February 24, 2011

Strawberry Frenzy

 

I apologize for being so absent from the blog world this week…I had a test in my constitutional history class and my civil war class. But now the tests are over and whew, I am relieved. Tomorrow Matthew and I are heading home for the weekend and I am very excited because we have not been home since Christmas break.

So on to bigger and better things… I have been in a strawberry frenzy! I love fresh produce but unfortunately that always seems to be the pricey section in the grocery store. Well this week Publix had strawberries on sale and I decided to “splurge” and even bought some bananas (which are always cheap).

I inhaled  ate them all week long. Just plain with a little sugar coating, in a smoothie, on my cheerios…basically any way I could find.

100_2764

(check out the “All For The Union” yep, civil war letters)

100_2765

Smoothie time…threw in some bananas, strawberries, and peach fat free yogurt.

100_2766100_2769100_2770100_2772100_2774

I was surprised at how much the few ingredients made, but it was quite tasty! Do you all have any favorite strawberry recipes??

No comments:

Post a Comment