Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Thinking about Memaw

 

I have a lot of posts to catch up on from Christmas cooking to skiing in Colorado. But first I would like to ask everyone if you could keep my Memaw in your thoughts and prayers.

On New Years Day she fell face first and fractured 2 vertebrae and broke bones in her face. She is currently in the hospital in Little Rock, Arkansas. She is 83 years old thus the recovery for this type of injury is even harder for her than it might be for you and I. My mom is one of five girls and the four other sisters all live in Arkansas. This is good because my memaw is surrounded by people that can help her and she is not alone but it is doubly hard on my mom because she can’t be there.

My mom is actually trying to get there this week but pray for comfort for my my memaw – there is a long road ahead for her recovery and also pray for my mom and her sisters as they try and make the best decisions for memaw’s care and guidance for them in the coming months. Memaw is an incredibly strong woman but this is scary for her and especially looking at being in a neck brace for 12-16 weeks and possible (but hopefully not) surgeries.

Thanks so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment