Saturday, January 15, 2011

Road trip!

 

Within the past year I have had two family members and their families move to Nashville, TN. Being at school in Alabama the city seems to be only a “hop, skip, and a jump” away…which actually means about 3 hours.

I have been to the city once and have been searching for a time to return since then. When I realized that my family had moved to the area it seemed like the perfect time. (being on the college budget, we can stay with them for free!)

nashville

So the rooms and I planned a “spontaneous” weekend get-a-way and we are going to head to the music city in about two weeks. We are pretty excited just to have a fun trip, just the two of us.

We have both visited the city before…but are looking for some new, fun things to check out while we are there. If you have any suggestions of things to do, people to see, or places to eat then please leave a comment and let us know.

iveycake-wedding-cupcakes-nashville

The last time I was there I check out Gigi’s cupcakes in the city…but ever since I read about Carrie Underwood’s wedding cake being cupcakes from this lovely shop – I am dying to try it out! Ivey Cake in Franklin, TN. It seems like such a cute place and I hope the little things are as good as they look. Has anyone ever been there? or have any other recommendations?

I hope everyone has a good and long weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment