Thursday, January 6, 2011

Tacky Christmas Treats

 

So I know, I bake a lot of cupcakes…but for the Christmas party this year I decided I wanted to try something different.

I decided to make cake pops – I had seen them done at a couple of different occasions and they were always so tasty so I figured why not?

Let me say this, I thought they were incredibly difficult and time consuming. I baked all day long. Once I finally got the cake and frosting rolled into balls – I then had the hardest time with dipping them in the melted chocolate.

In the end they turned out to be pretty tasty but I am not sure I desire to make them again..after about the third ball fell apart in the melting chocolate I tearfully said to my mom “why didn’t I just make cupcakes?”

I used box cake mix and store bought frosting for both the strawberry and chocolate fudge cake balls, I figured I was focusing my energy on making the actual cake balls not the recipe beforehand.

(oh I also made Buffalo chicken dip for the party… YUMMMMMMMMY)

100_2485

Okay, I am really losing it because I completely forgot that I also made these tasty peanut butter sandwich cookies. They are a chocolate cookie with a peanut butter concoction in the middle. They were quite tasty and a recipe that I found on the pioneer woman’s tasty kitchen blog!

100_2487100_2488

And here they are…the cake balls…

100_2489100_2491100_2492100_2493100_2494100_2495

And we cannot forget the buffalo dip… =)

100_2496

No comments:

Post a Comment