Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Red Velvet Cake

 

So for Christmas dinner we had close to thirty people coming over (yes, most were related in some way) and about 4 different people claimed they were bringing a “pumpkin” dessert.

So I decided to try and find something that would be different than pumpkin but still easy to make amongst all of the scurrying of Christmas time.

I am actually not the biggest red velvet fan, but when I came across this recipe and saw that the frosting contained cream cheese and melted marshmallows..I thought, “I have got to taste that!”

It was from none other than Mrs. Paula Deen! If you would like the recipe just click here!

100_2549

These are the only pictures that I have of the cake…I found that the lumpy frosting (nuts and coconut) was extremely difficult to frost the way I wanted it to look.

100_2550

It was all pretty tasty, but I loved the frosting…LOVED it. Something about the melted marshmallows and the nuts. I actually despise coconut but it was a very mellow flavor that I could hardly even taste.

Y’all should try it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment