Monday, November 29, 2010

Stuffing, Cobbler,Cupcakes…oh my.

 

While home Callie cooked dinner for me, corey, Erin, and dad. We had a very nice dinner with him, well my dad doesn’t like a ton of sweets but he LOVES cobbler. Any kind… serve it hot with some vanilla ice cream and he is a happy man. A while back I saw The Pioneer Woman had an “easy blackberry cobbler” recipe and I thought this would be a great time to test it out.

I think I may have had too many blackberries (I had no idea how expensive they are, so I used them all) but it was still quite scrumptious. It didn’t quite look as pretty as The Pioneer Woman but it still tasted delicious. Check out the album for before and after pictures.

 

This stuffing is by no means a work of art or talent, in fact it is incredibly easy but I thought it was delicious. My preference with stuffing is the simpler and the more traditional the better… this is the basic Pepperidge farm stuffing mix recipe. It includes the stuffing mix, melted butter, chicken broth, onions,celery, and cranberries. (I threw in the cranberries last minute because well…why not?)

I really enjoyed this recipe and will more than likely continue to use in for future holidays.

Now onto my favorite part… the cupcakes! Again channeling my inner pioneer woman… I found this recipe on the tasty kitchen website and thought that there was no better time than thanksgiving to make them. I found another recipe on the same website for a cinnamon cream cheese frosting…yummy is an understatement of that. I could have eaten the frosting on anything. The cupcakes turned out great, baking cinnamon apples was a lot easier than I thought and overall I thought they were very tasty.

They could almost be a breakfast dessert…they may have been even more delicious slightly warmed and served a la mode? who knows…try it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment