Monday, November 15, 2010

Thankful

 

I remember in high school alums would come back or my siblings and their friends would say “enjoy the time, you wont talk/see most of these people ever again” – I don’t know about you but this scared me to death because I loved my friends.

Now I will say that the majority of people I saw on a daily basis have all moved on and are doing exciting things with their life and without Facebook, I would have no idea what they are up to. BUT – I was incredibly blessed in my middle and high school years to have a magnificent group of friends. And I am so proud to say that as we are halfway through our 3rd year removed from high school that we are still best friends. We all dispersed in many directions.. 3 to Auburn, 1 to Alabama, 1 to UWF, and 2 Florida. (Apparently we are  good luck, just check out our football teams since we have been there) and we may not talk every day or even every week but when we get back together or when we get the chance to have a phone call its as though nothing changed.

Last week was a beloved member of the 7 (the name in which we call ourselves) Landys 21st birthday and we were able to coordinate a time in which we could both talk undisturbed. It was an hour long conversation discussing all aspects of life. Before we got off Landy said… “Isn’t it funny how we can be separated for weeks or months and pick up the phone and its like nothing changed” and for that I am so incredibly thankful.

In honor of Landy’s birthday I dedicate this post to her and some flashbacks on our friendship – (don’t worry s7 your posts are coming)

What I love about Landy -

  • her obsession with diet coke
  • she drove the mexi for all of high school
  • one of the first times we hung out just the two of us we scored free pie from Jim ‘n’ nicks
  • I believed her name was Landrew for like 2 years
  • she likes anything I bake
  • she listens to any and all complaining sessions
  • she is the bomb diggity.

This list could go on for days…here are some reminiscent pictures (cue the nostalgia)

 

(she will probably thank me for most of these..my  favorite is the one on the far bottom right.)

So thankful that with my friends though we have all begun our own lives and may never all live in the same town together again – some things never change.

1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday to Landy and how sweet that you and your friends still have such a great relationship.

    Thanks for becoming a new follower and I will be back soon as well!
    I have a $100 Shopbop giveaway up today with lots of possible entries! Enter if you'd like!

    ReplyDelete