Friday, March 26, 2010

Show me how to love

There is a song written by Hillsong - the Australian christian awesome band- and its titled Hosanna. I have heard and sung this song so many times but for some reason - maybe the Holy Spirit- it never gets old and the words speak to me just as much now as they did the first time i ever heard it.

Towards the end of the song - I'm sure there is a musical term for it, but i have no idea...at the end- there is a verse that says "heal my heart and make it clean..open up my eyes to things unseen..show me how to love like You have loved me" then it also says "Break my heart for what breaks yours, everything I am for Your kingdoms cause..."

This verse just speaks so much to me because when I look at my life...I just truly want to love others the way that He has loved me - or at least do my best at doing so because I know I can never come to the same capacity of my Lord and Savior. I want my heart to break for the things that break His and I pray that my heart would be healed and made clean...

Then the chorus proclaims "Hosanna, Hosanna..." and what better timing then posting this as we come upon Easter. Hosanna literally means "save us" and as Jesus lead the way to the cross people bowed down and shouted Hosanna, Hosanna...meaning God, save us. And He did.

Here are the lyrics to the song in case you would like to see the whole thing...

I see the king of glory
Coming on the clouds with fire
The whole earth shakes
The whole earth shakes

I see his love and mercy
Washing over all our sin
The people sing
The people sing

Hosanna
Hosanna
Hosanna in the highest

I see a generation
Rising up to take their place
With selfless faith
With selfless faith

I see a near revival
Stirring as we pray and seek
We're on our knees
We're on our knees

Heal my heart and make it clean
Open up my eyes to the things unseen
Show me how to love like you have loved me

Break my heart from what breaks yours
Everything I am for your kingdoms cause
As I walk from earth into
Eternity


Hosanna in the highest

-Hosanna: Hillsong United-

No comments:

Post a Comment