Thursday, March 25, 2010

Choclate Cake with Mint Filling



This past weekend I made a Chocolate cake with chocolate frosting and a mint frosting filling. I was excited because this was a recipe I sort of made up in my head. I didn't actually think up the cake and frosting recipes myself - I am no where near that ability. But I found each three scratch recipes and then combined them together to make a pretty tasty cake. I was worried because I wasn't sure how the flavors would mix but it was yummy. I left the cake for my moms birthday ...but as you will see in the pictures I couldn't leave without trying it myself and to take some pictures!




I used Ina Garten's chocolate cake recipe and here is a link to it, its very good and not that hard to make. Cake Recipe here!



I used a basic mint frosting for the filling. This recipe does not produce much..really just enough to fill the cake. I would recommend doubling at least if you want to use it for more than just filling. Mint Frosting (filling)



I searched around and found a creamy chocolate frosting recipe. It was very good and will probably become my "go-to" chocolate frosting from now on. This recipe was enough to frost the outside of the cake and there might have been enough to fill - there was a bit leftover. Chocolate Frosting



All in all the cake was very good and I cannot wait to make it again! Let me know what yall think?

No comments:

Post a Comment