Friday, June 11, 2010

Running



First, I never..ever...thought that I might say something like this. I grew up playing sports all the time, mostly soccer..volleyball...and running. My older sister has run competitively all of her life and so coincidentally I was told to just chase her. That desire completely died around 9th grade and I gave it up and really have run just sporadically since then.

In last couple of months...it has hit me. I am no crazy long distance runner, just 2-3 miles most times that I do run. But it gets addicting to where I feel that I cannot think clearly if I have not run and cleared my mind. I have never enjoyed the treadmill but all of the sudden that is where I do all of my running. I do like running outside if it is on a trail or something of the sort but I hate running by myself and so when I go to the Rec center and see other people working out it motivates me and keeps me company.

I cannot stand when the little old man on the elliptical in front of me is there for a longer time than me so that normally keeps me going for longer than usual.

No comments:

Post a Comment