Saturday, June 26, 2010

Cinnamon/Sugar Crescents

This morning I decided to make these delightful yet very simple treats. My lovely roommate made these once and I thought to myself..."why hadn't I ever thought of that!". I loved when my mom used to make me cinnamon toast and this is basically the same thing but on a crescent roll. Anyone that knows me knows that I LOVE bread in any form or fashion. All you do here is buy a package of crescent rolls from the grocery store and I spread some butter on the inside.

Then mix together cinnamon and sugar in whatever amount suits your taste buds and sprinkle on the inside of the dough. Roll them up and place them on a baking sheet and bake for about 15 minutes (or until golden brown) at about 350 to 375 degrees. This is an "idiot-proof" recipe and method. Normally the cinnamon/sugar mixture gets on the outside of the dough in the process of rolling it up. I have added some pictures here and I promise - they are just delightful and SO EASY to make!!



Please don't laugh at my animal shaped plates... I am a college student and they were on sale. And so what...they are fun!! =)



I like things - like bread - to be thoroughly cooked so you could take them out sooner if you would like them a little more "gooey" but the cinnamon/sugar browns it up so these were not "hard" but just right - if I do say so myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment