Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Atta Boy Landon...

I tell ya, if you have not been watching the World Cup and more particularly...the USA then you have been missing out and you should really start now. Because, oh goodness, the United States WON today and advanced past the group stage...at the top of their group!! This is the first time that has happened since 1930 - we have advanced from the group stage since then, just not as the leader - and the win came in the most exciting way.

I will say that the USA played so tough the entire game and had a ton of shots on goal..making me one aggravated on-looker as I wondered "will one ever go in?". Well in the 91st minute of the 90 minute game (they add times for any clock stoppage during the game) the beloved Landon Donovan scored a great goal. I must say, I was watching this alone...and I screamed, jumped, and gave my own victory dance! It was awesome...I know soccer isn't the biggest in the USA but this is a huge deal and everyone needs to be ready to cheer the team on on Saturday when we play Ghana. Landon Donovan is someone that I have watched since he first came on the national/international stage when I was a soccer lovin youngster and I couldn't be more happy to see him have such a victorious moment. So everyone, everywhere...grab your vuvuzelas and lets go!! USA! USA! USA!!

Here is the video, in case you missed it!! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment