Thursday, June 24, 2010

John 16:33

"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."
John 16:33


I feel like in the past 24 hours I have repeated this verse to myself and to many loved ones..about one hundred times. My hometown community, Fort Walton Beach, Fl experienced tragedy last night. In a local neighborhood a 16 year old student from choctaw was killed in a car accident. Her brother was also in the car but after taken to the hospital he was released. The accident happened right in front of the family's home as the daughter was making a turn into her driveway. Matthew lives in this neighborhood and was out for a night run around 10-ish. He was running down the road and his dog began to freak out and with his ipod in he did not hear much but turned around and did not see the initial impact but saw the aftermath. He obviously went back and was there for a while. It is just tragic situation and you can read the whole article on nwfdailynews.com but so many people that I love and care for have been greatly affected by this. Her family is very well-known and extremely involved in the community and she has been the Indian princess (sort of like the mascot) at Choctaw for 3 years.

I cannot imagine the grief of her family and I certain wish I could be there to comfort those of my own but in talking to many of them all I can repeatedly turn to is this verse in John chapter 16 - Praise Him that He has overcome the world... Praise Him

And if you are reading this and do not know them then please lift up prayers for the Bowman/Hamilton families and the entire community of FWB as they are in shock and heartache.

Rest in Peace Alayna Bowman

No comments:

Post a Comment