Wednesday, April 8, 2009

I think I am getting the hang of this.

Well, it has been a busy week which means it has gone by fast, which then means that its almost the weekend and we do not have class on friday for "honors day" thus...I get to go home TOMORROW for Easter weekend!
But Tuesday I had an honor society meeting, then an honor society induction ceremony for the education honor society Kappa Delta Epsilon and then extra credit opportunities at the public speaking speak off..so it was a busy night
On wednesdays this semester I have been mentoring 6th graders at a local middle school in Tuscaloosa..well the tuscaloosa county schools decided to wait and do spring break AFTER Easter well needless to say the kids are going stir crazy (as any child would be with no break since Christmas) I mentor two girls Raven and Kelsey. They crack me up....Kelsey saw one of the other mentors out at the movies the other night and she claimed she did not say hello because she did not want to hurt his "game"....At the end we often go to the gym and instead of playing I tend to sit and watch all the kids play..I am telling ya, if you ever have a chance sit and watch a bunch of 6th graders let loose on each other it can be quite comical.

I am currently watching American Idol (AI) which I am obsessed with...I am sure I will post more on that later. But tonight we went to the The Well at Calvary Baptist...it is part of the college ministry Relate that I often attend. It was GREAT as always and I even applied to become part of the leadership team..so who knows what might happen there.

Sorry for blabbing..this gets kinda fun after you get going!

"It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery."
Galatians 5:1

No comments:

Post a Comment