Thursday, February 4, 2010

Paula, Paula, Paula


These are some pictures of a wonderful Paula Dean recipe from her Christmas magazine. I love Paula, but i am nothing the cook she is... Needless to say i made this cake the first time and failed miserably and when i say miserably i mean the cake cracked in all places, the icing was the completely wrong consistency...it was just ugh, embarassing and tarnish to Paula's name.


What I learned here was that baking is an art and an exact science..when they want soft butter they just want soft butter not melted (for example)
but I refused to let this this cake bring me down...So the very next day, I made it again and this is what came from it! I was very proud and excited that it stayed in one peice and looked "somewhat" like the pic in the recipe.

Oh yeah, its Chocolate cake with a peanut butter frosting..just FYI

No comments:

Post a Comment