Tuesday, May 19, 2009

employment!

I finally found a job for the summer. I have been home for a week and weeks before that i spent so much time searching for jobs online and in the newspaper...filling out applications and just constantly feeling rejected!!! it was so depressing but yesterday I went to Big Kahunas water park in destin and......Im employed!!!!! wooohoooooo!!!

Last weekend was great, my dad made me get up at 8 am and go on a walk at the beach....it was soooooooo hard we went 20 minutes out and then went back and it literally kicked my butt. he made me walk on the soft sand and i was crawling back to his house i was so beat and yeah he beat me!! I am still sore from that...maybe i should take it as a hint and i dont know..work out more?

But then I went on the boat with my mom and mike to see my brother and some of his friends out on one of the islands and it was alot of fun! Matthews family was having a little get together to watch slumdog millionaire (amazing) and i was asked to bring desserts. Well i have been on a huge cooking/baking/food network kick ( i reallllly want a standing mixer!) so i found this recipe for carrot cake cupcakes and a frozen lemonade pie that i would make. Well i was scurrying around the kitchen making all of this - my cream cheese icing was lame and i have since found a new receipe that i will use- and i was just stressing and i thought i needed to be there at 6 so i realize its like 5:15 and im like OMG i gotta hurry the cupcakes need to be iced and this pie mixed....well at about 5:30 i realize my phone has a ton of missed called and texts and they are all from matthew (doesnt he understand that I am doing all of this for his family and i cannot possibly talk....) so i call him and hes like "Where are you?" im like "babe im hurrying trying to get this done to make it by 6 and hes like well your late and im like nooo im trying not to be but then hes like...Lynnlee it started at 5...everyone is here.... i drop the phone and just start crying!!!!! Not to mention after that i realize that pie was supposed to freeze for 24 hrs...

im pretty sure everyone ate and complemented the cupcakes and soupy pie because they felt bad for me....but we put the pie back in the freezer and had it sunday night as well. it was great frozen as it was supposed to be!

I have the visions of how i want my cooking to look and it was just below par....=( but i guess it turned out all okay..i still blame the fact that i need a standing mixer.. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment