Saturday, May 30, 2009

Amanya Kennedy!

Matthew and I decided the summer before my senior year that we wanted to sign up with the program called Compassion International where we would sponsor a child and communicate through letters and send 32$ a month! We split the costs and its definitely well worth it! We have been able to watch Amanya grow, he lives in Uganda and is 6 years old about to turn 7! The money we send goes to a community program for the children in the area that provides education, health care, food, and so much more! There is money given to the families as well to support them and help them out.

I just recieved a letter and it just makes my day when I do because they are obviously translated but, that makes them even more cute! I have a binder with all of the letters that he has written us and truly recommends joining in this program. Its life changing for these children and their families and there are thousands just waiting to be sponsored!

http://www.compassion.com/default.htm

Check it out!

I am going to try and scan the pictures and add them on here!

1 comment:

  1. Lynnlee!!! I had no idea you had a blog until Ansley told me recently! Now, when we fail to make it to lunch because of crazy calenders i can keep up with you, at least somewhat, this way :-) love you girl! Lunch soon....really this time! next week whenever youre not working!

    ReplyDelete