Sunday, June 26, 2011

Royal Icing Flooded Cookies

First of all, I know ….I haven’t blogged in about 10 years. There is something about summer that throws me out of whack. The ideal dreams of blogging, baking, laying out…doesn’t seem to come to fruition. I have been baking some just unfortunately not taking a lot of pics of feeling like blogging about it. I am certain, that for that reason, I will never be a big time blogger.

I have been wanting to make sugar cookies with royal icing for a while now. I had seen the “flooding” technique used by many bloggers but couldn’t seem to find the right time to do it. Well, my brother and sister-in-law just gave birth to a baby boy last weekend. I used the occasion to practice the technique.

I had seen in on pioneer woman’s blog, but I followed the technique and tutorial of the brown eyed baker.

the tutorial is found here -

the recipe for the cookies here -

Lets preface the pictures with the phrase…”it was my first attempt’

100_2954100_2955100_2956100_2957100_2958100_2959100_2960100_2961

the icing writer pen I attempted to use was very gooey…It probably would have been better to just use regular icing in a piping bag. Oh well, you live and you learn.

the the sugar cookie recipe is quite tasty, soft and chewy, find the link above.

No comments:

Post a Comment