Monday, August 15, 2011

Happy Fourth of July??

I have been meaning to post about my fourth of July dessert, well....since the fourth of July.
I decided to get really festive after I saw a post on plain chicken and I wanted to make the american flag cake. After I made it and was blog surfing I realized it is a very popular idea, but nonetheless it was very fun to make. I did not tell anybody about the surprise on the inside and so when we cut the cake there were a lot of gasps, oooh's, and ahhhh's. I was actually quite impressed with how it turned out and it was devoured in what seemed like minutes. This may be an annual thing from now on, I set the standards high... here are the pics...







I am starting to realize why no one will buy me a big and fancy camera...maybe that is because all I ever use is my phone? But I bet I would use it if I had it...right?

1 comment:

  1. how did you make this cake??? the blue part baffles me. did you use a checkerboard cake pan???

    ReplyDelete