Monday, July 5, 2010

Red Velvet Cone Cakes

I got this recipe from "Down Home with the Neely's" and I thought they were so cute and would be great recipe for the fourth of July. Now unfortunately...the recipe didn't quite turn out perfectly for many reasons but a couple are...

1) the red velvet looks more like brown velour

2) it did not taste particularly red velvet - but a little more chocolate. This was no biggie..people ate them up and some thought it was brownie or chocolate cake but oh well, as long as they enjoyed it.



I baked the cake inside the cones - the tricky part of this was carrying them in and out of the oven without knocking any one over.



I used an ice cream scooper to place one scoop of the batter in the cone and then of course to place the cream cheese frosting on top. This is not the usual cream cheese frosting that I use but it was still tasty.



In some of the pictures you can see the festive american flag toothpicks that I added at the end just because - well we had them sitting around and what else are we going to use them for?



By the time everyone came over for the cookout- they had all tumbled multiple times and so I am very thankful that I took pictures as soon as they were done and not the next day because they were not nearly as cute.



The recipe can be found on theFood Network and always let me know if you would like any other recipes and I can point you in the right directions. I have really enjoyed getting to bake since it is difficult to do at school with the lack of resources =)

Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment