Friday, November 13, 2009

Coconut-Cherry


Today was cupcake recipe #2 and it was Coconut-Cherry. This was tricky as it was the first with homemade icing and the use of the real piping bag...not just a zip-loc with the ends cut off! I felt it went pretty well...I was nervous about the icing because it didnt seem to make alot but as i was piping i realized that when you are using those tools...a little goes a long way!

Now I am not the biggest coconut fan, i like it in bits and peices but not an overwhelming amout - after trying one of the cupcakes...it is pretty tasty but very coconutty (if that is even a word haha) I personally enjoyed the fresh cherries on the top and i am glad that there are lots left over that I will get to enjoy in the coming days!

I am just a little proud of myself because i felt that it looked pretty similar to the picture and was quite a success and would love to make them again - knowing that the people eating them also enjoyed coconut! They would be good as a dessert, for teas, showers...etc!


Pictured here is the cupcakes and the book with the recipe and original picture in the background.. not too bad huh?? =)


now i never promised that my photography skills would be anything worth bragging upon but maybe the cupcake will make up for it!








I just loved the cherries on top...they called for either candied, maraschino, or fresh cherries and i thought the fresh cherries just worked out wonderfully and i loved them the most!
Until next time.....


No comments:

Post a Comment